Ever wanted to live where one of the UK’s most renowned politicians grew up? Well, here’s your chance, as long as you part with a hefty £2.75 million as Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg’s family home in Somerset is set to go under the hammer.
The Grade II listed property is situated in the picture postcard village of Hinton Blewett, which is also home to Tom Alexander who is renowned for being the CEO of Orange and T-Mobile, as well as founder of Virgin Movile.
The Old Rectory is only five miles away from Bath and Bristol, with Bristol International Airport around 10 miles away. It was also once rented to popular Irish band The Corrs - so this beautiful home has definitely welcomed some big names.
Filled with eight bedrooms, six bathrooms, four to five reception rooms, a couple of brand new two-bed apartments and a heated L-shaped pool, this 18th-century and Georgian style home has received more than £750,000 of renovations from its current owner.
Theye explained how they fell in love with this majestic building, saying: “It was the massive, beautiful Georgian windows that I first fell in love with, but this property has so many incredible features it was hard to take it all in. The Georgian grandeur is evident in the seven original fireplaces, high ceilings, sweeping staircases and panelling in the dining room, the oldest part of the house, then there is the walled gardens - I just felt this home was perfect.
“We have made some wonderful friends here too, and we know they will make the new owners feel as welcome as they have us.”
1. A look at the outside of Jacob Rees-Mogg’s idyllic family home
Jacob Rees Mogg first moved into this majestic cottage in 1978. The eight-bedroom property is located in Hinton Blewett, Somerset and you could live the life of a younger Rees-Mogg for £2.75 million. Photo: Fine & Country / SWNS
2. Home of the Rees-Mogg family for over four decades
The Rees-Mogg family moved in to the idyllic country spread in Somerset in 1978, giving the future Tory MP and cabinet minister a lavish home to grow up in. He once rented it out to popular Irish band The Corrs. Photo: SWNS
3. An old school but lavish kitchen inside the luscious Somerset cottage
The kitchen was just one of the many high-profile renovations that the current owner of Jacob Rees-Mogg’s family home has made to the majestic property. It is estimated that around £750,000 has been spent on upgrades alone. Photo: Fine & Country / SWNS
4. A spacious and lush Georgian period dining room that is beamed and panelled
Where a young Jacob Rees-Mogg and his family - which includes dad Lord William Rees-Mogg - would have dined at enjoyed family meals. Photo: Fine & Country / SWNS
5. Yet another dining area inside one of the properties located in Jacob Rees-Mogg’s childhood home.
Another area to dine in the Somerset property. The house has two new two-bed apartments on the top floor, as well as another two-bed luxury self-contained apartment in the former coach house. Photo: Fine & Country / SWNS
6. The former family home of Jacob Rees-Mogg in the village of Hinton Blewett, for sale at Â£2.75 million. See SWNS story SWLNhouse. Jacob Rees-Moggâs former family home is up for sale with a Â£2.75 million price tag. The Rees-Mogg family moved in to the idyllic country spread in Somerset in 1978, giving the future Tory MP and cabinet minister a lavish home to grow up in. The eight-bedroom property in the picture postcard village of Hinton Blewett, has also more recently been home to om Alexander, the CEO of Orange and T-mobile and the founder of Virgin Mobile. He lived at the Grade II Listed property for 20 years, even renting it out for a year to Irish pop band The Corrs.
A comfortable living space to relax and unwind - especially in front of that toasty fireplace. Perfect for gatherings too. Photo: Fine & Country / SWNS