Leeds restaurant Chophaus launches charity chicken dish to raise money for 'incredible' St Gemma's Hospice

A Leeds restaurant has launched a limited-edition dish to raise money for a local charity.

By Abbey Maclure
Tuesday, 12th July 2022, 11:45 am

Chophaus, a 70-cover steak restaurant in Oakwood, has partnered with St Gemma's Hospice - one of the biggest palliative care providers in the UK.

Now on the menu is the gluten-free chargrilled Yorkshire chicken, served with crushed ratte potato, tenderstem broccoli and basil béarnaise.

For each dish sold, £1 is donated to St Gemma’s Hospice and Chophaus will match the total money raised.

St Gemma's senior fundraiser, Lisa Aldred, with the chargrilled Yorkshire chicken dish (Photo: Jonathan Gawthorpe)

Read More

Read More
Dastaan Adel: New Michelin-recommended Indian restaurant to open in Leeds this m...

The running costs of St Gemma’s Hospice are forecast to be around £11million over the next financial year.

This year, just 28 per cent of St Gemma’s running costs will be covered by the NHS, leaving a 72 per cent shortfall.

The charity will raise the cash through donations, gifts left in wills, fundraising initiatives, a lottery and its chain of charity shops.

And Chophaus director Yarl Christie said he hopes the charity chicken will help the charity continue to support those with life-threatening illnesses.

He added: “St Gemma’s is such an amazing local charity that has touched the hearts of so many people in the community, being there for families at a really difficult time.

"We wanted to show support through this dish on our menu and hopefully raise some extra awareness to the incredible work this charity does.”