Supercomputer predicts new Leeds United Premier League finishing position and points after fresh twist and Chelsea result plus changed Arsenal and Manchester City title conclusion

Leeds United have been given a huge boost in their quest for Premier League survival and a supercomputer has cast a fresh prediction on where the Whites will finish and with how many points.

Javi Gracia’s Whites were knocked out of the FA Cup on Tuesday evening through a 2-0 defeat at fifth round hosts Fulham and the Whites will return to their Premier League survival bid this weekend with Saturday afternoon’s trip to bitter London rivals Chelsea.

Despite Tuesday evening’s cup loss, Leeds are heading to Stamford Bridge following the huge boost of last weekend’s 1-0 win at home to relegation rivals Southampton which took the Whites out of the drop zone and one point clear of the bottom three.

As part of a fresh twist in the race to stay up, there were also defeats for fellow basement battlers Everton, Bournemouth, Nottingham Forest and Leicester City – all of which has led to a new prediction from the supercomputer at FiveThirtyEight as to how the final Premier League table will look come the end of the campaign.

After every game, data experts at FiveThirtyEight crunch the numbers and use their Forecasts and Soccer Power Index (SPI) ratings to predict each round of matches and how the final standings will present themselves.

FiveThirtyEight don’t hold much hope for Leeds in Saturday’s clash at Chelsea who are given a 54 per cent chance of beating the Whites despite their awful recent run. A Leeds win is rated a probability of just 21 per cent with 25 per cent about the draw. Their prediction would mean a 13th defeat of the season and this is where their supercomputer thinks Leeds will end up and with how many points.