Striker issues coronavirus warning as two of Leeds United's promotion rivals deal with positive tests
and live on Freeview channel 276
The 26-year-old forward was one of ten individuals from eight Championship clubs to test positive following the latest round of COVID-19 testing through the EFL.
Stockley, meanwhile, returned negative tests on both Thursday, May 21 and Monday May 25 but undertook a third test on Thursday which has now provided a positive result.
A total of 1058 players and club staff from the 24 Championship clubs were tested over the course of Thursday, May 28 and Friday, May 29 for the third round of tests.
The ten individuals who have tested positive will now self-isolate in line with the guidelines provided by the EFL and only those who have tested negative will be permitted to enter training ground facilities.
Stockley - whose Preston side sit sixth - is asymptomatic and feeling no ill effects.
“It came as a complete shock," said the striker, speaking to Preston North End's official website.
"I got a call from the Doc when I came back from training; I felt brilliant in training, put a good session in and his number came up.
"We were aware we would get a call if our test was positive and I was thinking ‘no, surely not’, but he told me and it was a surreal moment real. You feel like you are untouchable and you are going to ride through it.
“You can send yourself a bit crazy thinking ‘where did I catch it’, because we are from down south we have not been down there, we have stayed in our house up here and not mixed with anyone.
"The supermarket has been pretty much the only place we have been, other than our walks in the country, but we haven’t come into contact with anyone. You could think, ‘when and why?’, but the best thing is to be as sensible as possible now and listen to all the advice on what to do.
“It is frustrating, because I feel really good. The last week (at training) has been really tough and it is a shame to completely stop that, but you have to accept you have to do what is right for all the other boys and their families, so in the grand scheme of things, it will only be a week or two I am isolating for and I owe it to the club and the boys to do it properly and listen to the advice.
"In training we have done everything socially distanced.
“Every drill has been designed to keep everyone apart, so the small groups we have been involved in, it shouldn’t affect them, so that is one of the positives of the way we have gone about things. We have done it right and hopefully it allows us to continue our training.
“I feel absolutely well, I haven’t shown any symptoms and everyone else out there has to listen to the advice given. Look at the credible sources; don’t let your mind wander and look at the negative things people say.
“Take it as it is, remember what you do can impact a lot of people. This has given it a sense of realism for me. I am the first person I know who has had it, but I am well and I want everyone to take care.”