Revealed: The six-figure financial boost Leeds United COULD pocket if they beat Arsenal
Leeds United could benefit from a six-figure financial boost – courtesy of the FA Cup’s increased prize fund.
Marcelo Bielsa's men play Mikel Arteta's Arsenal tonight in the FA Cup third round live on BBC One - with the winner set for a cash windfall.
Unlike the Carabao Cup, winners in each round of the FA Cup are able to benefit from the competition’s substantial prize fund, which sees £135,000 on offer to the winners of third round ties.
That means the Whites could scoop that sum by beating the Gunners tonight.
Unfortunately for the loser, while there is consolation prize money on offer for losing sides in the qualifying rounds, there are no such financial rewards from the first round proper onwards.
However, should Leeds United able to mount a successful FA Cup run this term, they could see further financial boosts heading their way.
Here’s the full prize money available in this year’s FA Cup:
- First Round - winning sides receive £36,000
- Second Round – winning sides receive £54,000
- Third Round - winning sides receive £135,000
- Fourth Round – winning sides receive £180,000
- Fifth Round – winning sides receive £360,000
- Quarter Final – winning sides receive £720,000
- Semi Final – winning sides receive £1.8m; losing sides receive £900,000
- Final – winner receives £3.6m; runner-up receives £1.8m
Leeds will also pocket a broadcast fee of around £75,000 for any televised matches.