Leeds United Under-23s - as it happened: Mark Jackson's title winners play out Premier League 2 draw with Fulham
Leeds United's Under-23s travel to face Fulham in Premier League 2 action on Monday afternoon - follow live on our dedicated matchday blog below.
Mark Jackson's Premier League 2 Division Two title winners return to action for the first time since earning promotion in the development ranks over a week ago.
Leeds travel to the capital this afternoon to take on Fulham, with kick-off set for 1pm in London this afternoon.
United have already sealed a spot in the top flight of English football's academy ranks and play their penultimate game of the campaign against the Cottagers.
Follow all the pre-match build-up, in-game updates and post-match reaction below:
Leeds United Under-23s LIVE - Whites take on Fulham in PL2
Last updated: Monday, 26 April, 2021, 15:47
- Leeds United’s Under-23s face Fulham
- Whites have already sealed title and promotion
- Kick-off in London is at 1pm
- FT - Fulham 1-1 Leeds United
Here’s the full-time match report
Welcome to today’s LIVE coverage of Leeds United’s Under-23s trip to face Fulham in the Premier League.
We’ll have all the latest right here.
Fulham defender looks ahead
Fulham defender Lesley Duru is looking forward to Monday’s test against Leeds.
“This will be a great challenge for all of us,” he told the club website.
“In recent games, we’ve shown our ability to press teams and turn them over. Hopefully, if we stick together Leeds will be no different.
“I think we were very unfortunate to drop points against Middlesbrough. We created a handful of good chances and I thought the boys were excellent to be honest.”
LEEDS UNITED TEAM NEWS
FULHAM TEAM NEWS
Warm-ups done - kick-off next
1. We’re underway at Fulham - updates to follow!
1. Huge chance for Fulham after 40 seconds. Caprile out to block a low effort with his legs inside the box.
3. Summerville finds Greenwood - he shoots on the edge of the box - blocked behind for a corner ball.
Leeds take an early lead
4. Corner comes in... Greewood gathers at the back post. He turns and drills past the goalkeeper.
Busy few minutes
8. Leeds asserted their dominance on the ball since the opener. They’re knocking it around well - yet to create another chance. Fulham trying to press high.
9. Kamwa releases McKinstry down the left. He delivers a good ball and Greenwood just can’t get a head on it.
11. McCarron gives away a free-kick on the far side. Fulham swing it in but Caprile jumps to claim it well.
12. McKinstry shoots from outside the box, deflected wide. Good build-up from Summerville and Shackleton. Fulham clear the corner.