Woman taken to hospital after fire breaks out in retirement flat in Middleton

A woman was taken to hospital after a fire broke out in her retirement flat in Leeds.

Wednesday, 21st April 2021, 2:14 pm

It happened in the bathroom of her Acre Court home in Acre Road, Middleton, at about 7.20pm on Tuesday, April 20.

Two crews from Hunslet and one from the Leeds station attended.

A fire investigation officer was also present.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Acre Court, Acre Road, Middleton, Leeds. Photo: Google

The woman suffered smoke inhalation a was taken to hospital by ambulance.

A West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesman said: “Fire in bathroom. Two hose reels, Four breathing apparatus and positive pressure ventilation used.

“One elderly lady suffered smoke inhalation, oxygen therapy administered by fire service personnel and casualty transferred to hospital by ambulance.

“Smoke detection installed and working.

“Two appliances from Hunslet and one from Leeds attended along with fire investigation officer.”