Watch: Christmas tree fire destroys a living room in under a minute

A house fire, most likely sparked by faulty Christmas tree lights, envelopes a living room in a shocking 46 seconds.

By The Newsroom
Tuesday, 15th December 2015, 3:57 pm
Christmas Tree fire destroys living room.

West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service
Christmas Tree fire destroys living room. West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service

The footage has been released by West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service with this safety message:

Sign up to our daily newsletter

“Fire Kills wants everyone to enjoy their Christmas. Check your Christmas tree lights are in good condition, turn them off before you go to bed and be safe at home over the festive season.

Keeping your tree well watered can also prevent fire from taking hold. Fire kills - you can prevent it. http://www.direct.gov.uk/firekills”

Christmas Tree fire destroys living room. West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service