Video: Teenager hurt after playing Pokemon Go near giant hogweed

A 16-year-old girl needed hospital treatment when she brushed up against a Giant Hogweed plant - while playing POKEMON GO.

By The Newsroom
Thursday, 28th July 2016, 12:38 pm
Updated Thursday, 28th July 2016, 1:39 pm

Leah Price was chasing Pokemon characters which were next to the toxic plant in her local park. After she accidentally touched the plant with her foot she felt an agonising burning sensation and she was rushed to hospital. Doctors told her it was likely the burns and blisters on her foot were as a result of coming into contact with Giant Hogweed. Her mum Emma Hayburn, 37, from Derby, yesterday (Thurs) said: “Leah’s foot has swollen up and she has developed these blisters.