Two need ambulance treatment after tumble dryer fire in West Yorkshire home

Fire crews attended to a tumble dryer on fire in a house in West Yorkshire whilst two people needed ambulance treatment.

By Immy Share
Sunday, 24th January 2021, 12:56 pm
Fire engines - stock image
Fire engines - stock image

The tumble dryer was on fire in the attic of a house on Boothtown Road in Halifax.

Four breathing apparatus and two hose reels were used by fire crews to extinguish the fire, and a high powered fan was used to clear smoke from the property.

Yorkshire Ambulance Service attended to two casualties who were suffering from smoke inhalation.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Smoke detectors were fitted and operating.

Fire crews attended from Illingworth, Halifax and Odsal stations.

A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Fire crews responded to reports of a tumble dryer on fire in an attic of a house.

"4 breathing apparatus and 2 hose reels were used to extinguish the fire, then a high powered fan was used to clear smoke from the property.

"Yorkshire Ambulance service was requested for 2 casualties, both of whom were suffering from smoke inhalation.

"Smoke detectors were fitted and actuated. Crews from Illingworth, Halifax and Odsal stations attended.

"Boothtown Road, Halifax."