Two children suffer smoke inhalation after bedroom fire at Harehills home

Two children have suffered smoke inhalation after fire in a bedroom in Leeds.

Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 8:02 pm
Updated Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 8:04 pm
Fire engines (stock image)

The children were treated at the house in Hovingham Terrace in Harehills by ambulance crews but didn't require hospital treatment.

Two pumps from Killingbeck and one from Leeds attended to the fire which occurred at around 6pm today (Tuesday).

The crews used two hose reels, four breathing apparatus and a high powered fan to clear smoke from the property.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A smoke detector was fitted in the property and did sound.

A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Fire in bedroom, crews used 2 hose reels, 4 breathing apparatus and a high powered fan to clear smoke from the property, 2 Children suffered smoke inhalation and were treated at the scene by ambulance crews, but did not require hospital treatment.

"Hard wired smoke detection was fitted in the property and did actuate.

"2 pumps from Killingbeck and 1 Leeds attended.

"Location: Hovingham Terrace, Harehills, Leeds."