Rescue after flat blaze at Leeds high rise tower block

FIREFIGHTERS rescued a person who suffered smoke inhalation during a kitchen blaze in a ninth floor flat in Leeds this morning.

Sunday, 22nd July 2018, 11:53 am
Updated Sunday, 22nd July 2018, 11:57 am
Meynell Approach, Holbeck. Image: Google

Crews were called to the fire caused by a pan left on a cooker in the flat on Meynell Approach at Holbeck just before 3.30am today (Sun July 22).

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and high powered fans to clear the flat of smoke.

One male was led to safety and taken to hospital for a precautionary check up after suffering smoke inhalation.

Pumps from Hunslet, Leeds and Stanningley attended along with aerial appliances from Leeds and Wakefield.