Queenswood fire: Crews called to Leeds high rise tower as smoke fills flats
Flats in a high rise block in Leeds have been filled with smoke after a fire in a bin chute.
The fire broke out in Queenswood Court, Headingley, at 10pm on Sunday.
West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service sent crews to the scene as smoke filled a number of flats.
The fire was put out and smoke cleared using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
A spokesperson for the fire service said: "Fire in bin chute. 1 HR and PPV used. Smoke in several flats due to faulty chute."
Support the YEP and become a subscriber today. Enjoy unlimited access to local news and the latest on Leeds United, With a digital subscription, you see fewer ads, enjoy faster load times, and get access to exclusive newsletters and content. Click here to subscribe.