Crews were called to a fire at a tower block of flats on the edge of the city centre.
Two fire engines were called to the scene at Lovell Park Heights on Tuesday evening after reports of a fire in one of the flats.
On arrival, the small blaze turned out to be coming from an overheated microwave in a property on the tenth floor.
Luckily, crews managed to arrive on scene and deal with the fire before it escalated.
Arianit Selmani, resident who lives in the building, said: "Everyone was evacuated for 20-25 minutes. As I know, no one has been injured.
"There were a lot of fire brigades and police. I don't know exactly what caused the fire or how big it was because from the side where we were you couldn't see any smoke."
A spokeswoman for West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service said "two breathing apparatus were used" and the fire had since "been put out".
Nobody was injured in the fire.