Health chief's warning is reminder of threat of Covid-19 - the YEP says
As we are edging closer to the lifting of lockdown, it’s a stark warning of the threat that Covid-19 continues to pose.
Next week will mark an entire year since the country was plunged into its first lockdown, when the Prime Minister addressed the nation about the “biggest threat this country has faced in decades”.
And today a senior West Yorkshire leader has warned the battle is far from over for the county - as coronavirus rates remain among the highest in the country.
Robin Tuddenham, co-chairman of the West Yorkshire Prepared local resilience forum, said there was “no clear data” of when our county could stand down from the “unprecedented” major incident status declared on March 20 last year.
Despite the roadmap to navigate our way out of the latest lockdown, we must all still continue to remain patient and work together to reduce risk and keep one another safe.
We have come too far now to simply throw it all away.
A message from the Editor:
Leeds has a fantastic story to tell - and the Yorkshire Evening Post has been rooted firmly at the heart of telling the stories of our city since 1890. We believe in ourselves and hope you believe in us too. We need your support to help ensure we can continue to be at the heart of life in Leeds.Subscribe to our website and enjoy unlimited access to local news and information online and on our app. With a digital subscription, you can read more than 5 articles, see fewer ads, enjoy faster load times, and get access to exclusive newsletters and content. Click here to subscribe. For more details on our newspaper subscription offers click here.