Mum and toddler escape blaze at Leeds house

Coupland Place, Beeston. Image: Google
Coupland Place, Beeston. Image: Google
0
Have your say

A MOTHER and toddler were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire involving a  tumble dryer at a house in Leeds.

Fire crews from Hunslet and Leeds were called to deal with a kitchen blaze at a house on Coupland Place at Beeston just after 2.30pm today. (Tues Feb 6)

Watch commander Steve Wilkinson of Hunslet Fire Station, said a smoke alarm sounding had alerted the woman to the blaze and she left the house with her two-year-old son before calling 999.

Mr Wilkinson said: "It started at the rear of the tumble drier. The kitchen was badly smoke damaged."

A West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman, said: "An adult female and male infant suffered smoke inhalation, both transferred to hospital by ambulance."

23 May 2018...... Ward Hadaway Fastest 50 winners in a  Facebook live debate.  Picture Tony Johnson. From left Philip Jordan of Ward Hadaway,  Shannon Harvey of Production Park, Greg Wright of The Yorkshire Post, Jonathan Simpson of Pure Retirement and Craig Such of Azzure IT

Devolution could solve region’s transport problems, Fastest 50 debate is told