Man taken to hospital after fire in top floor flat
A man suffered burns to his arms and hands after a fire broke out in flat in the middle of the night.
Two fire engines from Hunslet, one from Leeds and one from Wakefield were called to Stratford Terrace in Beeston shortly before 2.30am.
The man had already escaped by the time firefighters had arrived.
They used six firefighters with breathing apparatus and a high-powered fan to clear smoke from the property.
The man was taken to hospital by ambulance for treatment for his injuries.
A message from the Editor:
Thank you for reading this story on our website. These are challenging times but the team at the Yorkshire Evening Post need your support more than ever in the weeks ahead.
While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you. In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you - wherever possible and providing it is safe for you to do so - to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper.
Inevitably falling advertising revenues will start to have an impact on local newspapers and the way we continue to work during this period of uncertainty. So the support of our readers has never been more important as we try to make sure that we keep you connected with the city you live in during this time. But being your eyes and ears comes at a price. We need your support more than ever to buy our newspapers during this crisis.
Our team of trusted reporters are working incredibly hard behind the scenes- from kitchen tables and spare bedrooms - to look at how we can do this and your continued support to the YEP will help to protect its viability in the days and weeks ahead.
For more details on our subscription offers please visit www.localsubsplus.co.uk/YEP, email [email protected] or call us on 0330 4033004