Leeds news LIVE: Train cancellations and road closures still in place due to Bradford fire
Welcome to the Yorkshire Evening Post live blog.
Keep following for the latest news.
Leeds news LIVE: Fifteen fire engines at large scrap tyre fire in Bradford
Last updated: Monday, 16 November, 2020, 07:45
- Trains cancellations and road closures still in place due to fire in Bradford
- Trains to and from Bradford Interchange cancelled - including lines calling at New Pudsey and Bramley
- Firefighers have been tackling the blaze overnight
- Residents advised to close windows after huge fire in Bradford, West Yorkshire
- The fire involves scrap tyres
- 15 fire engines at the scene
- All people are accounted for, according to fire service
- People urged to avoid area
Good morning and welcome to the Yorkshire Evening Post daily live blog.
We’ll bring you the latest news from across West Yorkshire.
Got a story you think we should know about? Get in touch on [email protected]
Video of huge fire in the East Bowling area of Bradford:
West Yorkshire Police officer, Martin Willis, known as ‘Motorway Martin’, shared this footage of the fire.
Fire service statement - everything we know
West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service were called to the scene at 4.27am.
Ten fire engines were sent to the large blaze on Upper Castle Street, in the East Bowling area of Bradford.
The fire service confirmed that 15 fire engines and 2 aerial appliances are in attendance as of 5.14am.
They confirmed all people are accounted for.
People are being urged to keep their windows and doors shut due to the large amount of smoke.
They are also asking people to avoid travelling through the area.
Road closures now in place around the fire:
Road closures are in place as fire crews tackle the blaze:
Confirmed road closures in place:
- Upper Castle Street
- Ripley Street
- Junction of Manchester Road & Mill Lane
- Spring Mill Street
- Junction with Palmer Street Bolling Road
Hazardous Area Response Team at the scene of the scrap tyre fire
Yorkshire Ambulance has confirmed that its Hazardous Area Response Team is in attendance.
Hazardous Response team urges people to stay inside
Latest picture from the scene:
Disruptions on trains due to the fire
Northern confirmed that all lines to and from Bradford Interchange are blocked.
Trains to be cancelled all day - Northern confirms
Northern has confirmed trains to and from Bradford Interchange to be cancelled all day: