Elderly man rescued from Belle Isle fire

An elderly man had to be rescued after a fire broke out in the kitchen of his home in the Belle Isle area of Leeds today.

Firefighters were dispatched from Hunslet and Rothwell stations to the ground floor flat in Winrose Drive just after 4pm.

The man was helped out of the building by the fire crews and was then transported to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a high-powered fan were used to tackle the fire involving a grill pan and to clear the property of smoke.

Related topics: