Perverted Leeds pensioner's latest crime spree

Graham Marsden's latest offending began on January 27 last year when he exposed himself to a woman as she stood waiting for a bus on the Headrow in Leeds city centre at 9.40am.

Wednesday, 15th March 2017, 1:33 pm
Updated Friday, 24th March 2017, 9:57 am

The victim dialled 999 because she was so alarmed.

Marsden then struck again on January 31 at a different bus shelter on the Headrow as the victim made her way home from work at 8pm.

The woman challenged Marsden and shouted at him. The court heard Marsden panicked, pulled up his trousers, and walked away.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Marsden’s next offence took place on board a bus travelling between Leeds and Dewsbury in front of a 15-year-old girl.

The brave teenager took a picture of Marsden then went to sit next to the driver before contacting police.

Marsden then committed four offences in the same day on February 23.

He exposed himself to a woman waiting for a number 56 bus at a bus stop on Woodhouse Lane in Leeds city centre.

He targeted a 21-year-old woman in the same area a short time later.

Marsden then approached a victim as she waited for a bus next to the Grand Theatre.

He then returned to Woodhouse Lane and exposed himself to two sisters.

The victims followed Marsden towards The Light shopping centre as they dialled 999.

All the victims later picked out Marsden during an identity procedure.

Marsden was released on bail but offended again in Harrogate town centre, targeting two victims as he stood next to a war memorial.

Marsden’s offending began when he was aged 22 in 1966 when he was dealt with for indecent exposure.

He made court appearances on nine further occasions throughout the 1970s.

Most of his offending was dealt with by magistrates court fines.

There was then an 18 year gap before he appeared in court again.

However, Marsden admitted to a probation officer that he had continued to offend through that period but had not been caught.

He then appeared in court on a regular basis from 1997.

He was jailed in January 2015 for committing an offence in Hunslet Library and was made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order.

His latest offences began less than a month after completing that sentence.