Firefighters rescue elderly Leeds woman trapped in her home after kitchen fire

Firefighters pulled an elderly woman from her home after she became trapped when a fire started in the kitchen.

Sunday, 8th December 2019, 5:52 pm
Updated Sunday, 8th December 2019, 5:53 pm

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to Emmott Drive in Rawdon at 8pm on Saturday.

The alarm was raised after a fire alarm went off in the property, with further calls stating that the fire was in the kitchen and that the elderly woman inside was unable to get out.

Firefighters found a small fire in the kitchen on arrival.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Emmott Drive, Rawdon (Photo: Google).

The woman suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital by ambulance.

Fire engines from Rawdon, Cookridge and Stanningley attended.