Fire fighters called after baby girl accidentally locks her mum out of the house

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
A toddler had to be rescued after locking her mum outside.

Esme-Louise managed to trigger the lock-latch on her Leeds home despite being just 18-months-old.

West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service crews from Hunslet fire station were called to the home in south Leeds on Tuesday.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Thankfully the mishap didn't escalate, with Esme-Louise making several new friends.

Esme-Louise managed to accidentally lock her worried mum out the house due to a lock latch. Picture: West Yorkshire FireEsme-Louise managed to accidentally lock her worried mum out the house due to a lock latch. Picture: West Yorkshire Fire
Esme-Louise managed to accidentally lock her worried mum out the house due to a lock latch. Picture: West Yorkshire Fire | other

The fire service tweeted about the incident, writing: "18-month-old Esme-Louise had managed to lock her mum out of the house using the lock latch!

"Our firefighters from Hunslet swiftly gained entry and with both safe, checked over the smoke alarms too.

"Esme-Louise wasn't phased and took a real shining to our fantastic firefighters!"