Couple brutally attacked with chair leg outside their home in Leeds after they asked thug to stop urinating in the garden

A man attacked a couple with a wooden chair leg outside their home in Leeds after they challenged him for urinating their garden.

Friday, 16th October 2020, 6:00 am
Updated Friday, 16th October 2020, 6:50 pm

Soloman Perkins armed himself with the weapon before hitting the male victim over the head and striking his wife on the hand during the attack.

Leeds Crown Court heard Perkins became violent after the victims challenged him for urinating in their garden on the evening of June 30 this year.

Jessica Strange, prosecuting, said the couple were at home on Strathmore Avenue, Harehills, with their children at the time of the incident.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Soloman Perkins was jailed for 21 months for attacking couple with a chair leg after they asked him to stop urinating in their garden

The dad saw Perkins urinating in the garden and awoke his partner.

She banged on the window to tell Perkins to stop and he replied: "Shut the f*** up."

The dad opened the door and told Perkins they had children who used the garden but he continued to be abusive and challenged him to a fight.

The dad chased Perkins off the property but the defendant returned moments later armed with two pieces of wood.

Read More

Read More
Drunk thug broke man's jaw for refusing to give him a piggyback ride in Leeds ci...

He had to spend a week in hospital after the incident and needed 11 stitches to a head wound.

Perkins also struck the mother on the hand, causing injuries which required plastic surgery.

Police were contacted and found the weapons near to the scene.

The couple recognised Perkins from the local area and found his profile on Facebook.

When questioned by police he denied being the attacker and claimed to be with relatives at the time of the attack.

He refused to comment when he was told that his blood had been recovered from one of the chair legs.

He has previous convictions for affray and assault.

The couple providing victim statements to the court describing how the incident had caused them to suffer from anxiety.

The mum said she had lost her place at university as a result of the attack.

Sean Smith, mitigating, asked that Perkins be given credit for his guilty pleas.

Perkins was jailed for 21 months.