Blaze breaks out in home after tortoise's pen catches fire

A blaze broke out at a home in Tadcaster after a tortoise pen caught fire.

By The Newsroom
Monday, 17th April 2017, 10:22 am
Updated Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 8:20 pm
A tortoise.
A tortoise.

Two fire crews were called to the property in Station Road at 8.10pm yesterday (Sunday).

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze involved a faulty heat lamp inside the tortoise pen in the lounge of the home.

It caused damage to the carpet and smoke spread to the first and second floors.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Station Road, Tadcaster. Picture: Google.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze and the tortoise was unharmed.

Station Road, Tadcaster. Picture: Google.