Leeds' top takeaway options '“ available at the click of a button
Ordering a takeaway has got even easier in recent years, meaning good news for Leeds' food lovers.
Forget trying to get through on the phone to your favourite restaurant; these days everything is available at the touch of button.
With all the hassle taken out of takeaways, it’s no surprise we can’t get enough of our favourite foods being delivered to our door.
Here’s a look at the top takeaway options in town:
· Pizza: Whether it's a greasy deep pan or an authentic Neapolitan pizza cooked in a stone oven, there's not much that beats a hot slice. Chefs are upping their game locally too with toppings including roast potatoes, layers of pepperoni and jalapeño, frankfurters and chilli con carne.
· Chinese: If you're craving crispy aromatic duck or piping-hot chow mein noodles, Chinese food always hits the spot; from spicy Sichuan to dainty dim sum, there really is something for everyone.
· Mexican: Burritos, fajitas, nachos, tacos or enchiladas... Mexican food was just made to be eaten by hand, preferably on the sofa at home! And from stuffed burritos dripping with juice and melted cheese to fresh guacamole with crispy tortilla chips, you can go as light or as heavy as you fancy.
· Italian: Sometimes you just want pasta like mamma used to make. Seriously, home made pasta in a silky sauce takes some beating… especially when someone else makes it then brings it to your home.
· Mexitalian: Can’t choose between Italian and Mexican? You don’t have to thanks to this funky new fusion cuisine!
· Indian: From hearty, warming lentils to intense meaty curries, served with flaky breads and tangy chutneys, there's so much to enjoy about Indian food. Many eateries are branching out from the curry house classics these days too with Goan, Punjabi, Bombay-style and Keralan offerings.
· Bangladeshi: Traditionally based around fish and rice, Bangladeshi food has an amazing array of flavours with lots of garlic, ginger, coriander, peppers and onions to get your mouth watering.
· Burgers: The humble burger has seen a renaissance in recent times, with the juiciest patties bursting from delicious brioche buns in even the most basic burger joint. With an endless array of toppings, you just can’t beat a burger, whether it’s made with wagyu beef or quinoa and beetroot.
· Kebabs: Like burgers, kebabs have been given a new lease of life lately as chefs put more care into cooking the meat and finding the perfect accompaniments. No longer just a post-pub staple, a decent kebab can be a proper taste sensation.
If you own a restaurant or takeaway and you want to reach more people – why not get your business online and promote your best dishes on social media?
Customers are increasingly buying food from their local restaurant or takeaways' Facebook or Instagram page, which makes it more important than ever before for restaurants to be online with online ordering and to promote their offer on social media.
Why is social so important? Well, Facebook alone has 30m active users in the UK and this is expected to increase to more than 41m in the next three years, so the best restaurants and takeaways are promoting themselves on these platforms with tempting images and engaging video stories.
FOODit builds transactional websites for restaurants and takeaways, gives them their own domain name and help to be found on Google.
FOODit is the only restaurant website builder that offers a free social media ‘Masterclass’. So why not reach even more hungry residents in Leeds by taking online orders or bookings directly on your own website, or via your own restaurant app.
To find out more, visit their website or call Gulbeyaz Valesco on 07931206126.