Watch Thai chef Marni Xuto cook her soy stir-fry recipe in the grounds of the Wat Buddharam temple in Leeds
Thai chef Marni Xuto has shared her simple street food recipe with tofu, fresh noodles and lashings of flavour.
Marni is the mastermind behind popular food blog and Instagram page Thai Food Made Easy, where she shares recipes that she creates at her home in Leeds.
Her tasty dishes and bubbly personality have been a hit with home cooks looking for inspiration during lockdown.
Marni has shared her recipe for Pad-See-Ew, which translates as stir-fried soy noodles, exclusively with Yorkshire Evening Post readers.
It's a vegan Thai street food dish which can be whipped up in under 30 minutes.
The recipe serves two people and requires 10 minutes of preparation, with 15 minutes cooking time.
You can watch Marni's live tutorial in the video above, where she cooks her recipe in the atmospheric grounds of the Wat Buddharam Buddhist temple in Leeds.
- 100g firm tofu, cubed
- 300g fresh rice noodles, cut to 1.5-2cm width if required
- 100g pak choi, chopped chunky
- 100g bean sprouts
- 20g spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tbsp dark soy
- 1tbsp light soy
- 3/4tbsp sugar
- 2tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- 1/2tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/4tsp lemon juice
- pinch of ground white pepper
- pinch of salt and black pepper to season the tofu
- Mix the dark soy sauce, light soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Season the tofu with salt and ground black pepper.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat. Fry the tofu until it turns golden brown in colour.
- Transfer the tofu on a kitchen towel to drain the excess oil. Set aside.
- Add the rest of oil in the same frying pan and heat it over medium heat.
- Put the crushed garlic and gently fry until it turns golden in color.
- Add the fresh rice noodles and stir until it slightly softens.
- Add the sauce, bean sprouts and pak choi, then stir until the sauce coats the noodles well.
- Add the tofu, chilli flakes, white pepper, lemon juice and nutritional yeast flakes. Quickly fold and transfer into a serving plate.
- Serve immediately.