The man behind The Man Behind the Curtain, Michael O’Hare, is flying high, having clinched Leeds’s first Michelin star in 10 years. He is currently appearing on the Great British Menu and since winning his Michelin star, he is now booked out until next year.
Here are SIX MORE things you didn’t know about the man behind the curtain...
1. Michael O’Hare is a qualified pilot, having earned his flying stripes in Florida in the USA... he even has his night flying licence
2. Up until his late teens, he trained in classical ballet and even went to study contemporary dance at college
3. The first cook book he ever owned was the Postman Pat recipe book
4. He only started cooking for himself when he went to live away from home at college in London
5. His favourite movie growing up was Top Gun
6. He is renowned for his experimental dishes - one is called Marc Bolan wasn’t a welder... however, Michael’s father is a welder.