Whitehall Road would have looked very different a hundred years ago and the entire area was a thrumming hive of Northern industry.
The staff of the Whitehall Soap Works lined up for the cameras decades before the factory moved to Seacroft in 1988.
Soap was just one of a vast range of items that have been manufactured in the city over the years.
Artifical limbs were made in Leeds by bootmakers H. W. Poole and bottles of perfume and eau-de-cologne came off the production line at Gibbs Pepsodent in 1963.
Glass en masse was created by Lax and Shaw in 1984 before they became Allied Glass and Beck and Inchbold Ltd became one of the leading printing businesses in the North of England . They had been established since 1800.