Much has changed in Gipton since these pictures were taken in the 1930s.
In 1937 the window was being dressed at the Oakwood Lane Thrift Stores next door to Mitton’s newsagents.
Dewhurst’s butchers advertised New Zealand lamb on Easterley road in 1938 and the shop fronts on Hollin Park Parade in 1931 showed a rich cornucopia of goodies and billboards.
In 1938 a boy on primitive roller skates was visiting the Kirkman lending library and tobacconist which sat neatly next door to Joan’s ladies and children’s hairdressers.
This misty view down Roundhay Road in 1932 reveals a tramway but very, very few cars.