With just a week left to nominate, we are calling on readers to tell us about the unsung heroes of health care in our region who deserve praise.
They may not be very visible, but there are thousands of people who work in the wider health sector who play an absolutely crucial role.
And through the Unsung Hero category, sponsored by MiP Health, we want to highlight deserving staff at the YEP Best of Health Awards 2015, sponsored by Sovereign Health Care.
Readers have until Monday October 19 to nominate in any one of our 10 categories. The awards will be handed out at a ceremony hosted by BBC presenter Clare Frisby at The Queens Hotel on December 7.
We want to recognise the people in all areas of health care who work tirelessly and deserve praise, but don’t always get noticed.
They could be volunteers who help people at hospitals, cleaners who make sure the environment is safe or admin workers who recognise their crucial contribution to the system. Or they could help improve services for patients, or may be a patient themselves who raises awareness or funds.
Lisa Beaumont, senior play specialist at Leeds General Infirmary, inspired the judges last year with her work with young patients and her role with the Leeds Children’s Transplant Team.
She was named our unsung hero for her “totally selfless” attitude in taking the team to the British Transplant Games, fundraising and rubbing off on patients as a kind and caring person.
This year we are looking for someone just as deserving of recognition – if you know them, nominate your unsung hero.
Visit www2.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/healthawards2015 to nominate through an online form.
- Mental Health Worker of the Year
- Doctor of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Unsung Hero
- Nurse of the Year
- Emergency Response Worker of the Year
- Midwife of the Year
- Carer of the Year
- Special Contribution Award
- Community Health Award
HOW TO ENTER
- Alternatively, you can send your nominations to Olivia Richards, Yorkshire Post Newspapers, No1 Leeds, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS12 1BE. Mark your entry with the category and provide your nominee’s full name, job title, work address, telephone number and email address. Also include your own name, address, phone number and email address, as well as 200 words explaining your nomination.
- Winners will be picked by a panel of judges and revealed at an awards lunch on December 7.
- If you have any questions regarding the YEP Best of Health Awards 2015, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2388134.