There are just five days left to nominate terrific teams that are crucial to health care in West Yorkshire for high profile praise.
We are determined to recognise the work of top teams in all areas of health care that ensure that those they are looking after get the best possible treatment and care.
And with just days to go until the deadline for nominations for the YEP Best of Health Awards 2015, we’re calling on readers to single out the best in the profession in our Team of the Year category sponsored by Sovereign Health Care.
Whether their job is to look after patients on the front line, or to make sure the behind-the-scenes systems run smoothly, they all have a vital role to play.
Readers have until October 19 to nominate their heroes for recognition in 10 categories of our fourth annual awards, which will be hosted by BBC presenter Clare Frisby at The Queens Hotel on December 7.
Coun Lisa Mulherin, chair of the Leeds Health and Wellbeing Board, said: “There are so many excellent examples of teamwork in health and care in Leeds. It is not just individual teams or even organisations who show it.
“There are brilliant efforts to deliver better outcomes for people from informal teams and people working together across different organisations and disciplines too.
“I hope this range of good work gets a chance to shine at these awards.”
Through this award, sponsored by Bradford-based Sovereign Health Care, we are looking for those extra special teams of colleagues whose joint efforts have made a real difference.
The Yorkshire Ambulance Service Restart A Heart Team were named the winners of what was the most keenly-fought category of last year’s awards.
Having coordinated the Restart A Heart Day event and trained thousands of children in CPR, the team impressed the judges with its determination to bring people together for good.
Now we want to hear of teams who also deserve this accolade – tell us what they have done and why their efforts should be highlighted.
- Mental Health Worker of the Year
- Doctor of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Unsung Hero
- Nurse of the Year
- Emergency Response Worker of the Year
- Midwife of the Year
- Carer of the Year
- Special Contribution Award
- Community Health Award
HOW TO ENTER
- Alternatively, you can send your nominations to Olivia Richards, Yorkshire Post Newspapers, No1 Leeds, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS12 1BE. Please mark your entry with the category and provide your nominee’s full name, job title, work address and telephone number and if possible an email address. Also include your own name, address, phone number and email address, as well as 200 words explaining why you have made the nomination.
- The closing date for nominations is October 19.
- Winners will be picked by a panel of judges and revealed at an awards lunch on December 7.
- If you have any questions regarding the YEP Best of Health Awards 2015, email email@example.com or call 0113 2388134.