Win tickets to see Twiggy celebrate M&S archive at birthday chat show event
Fashion legend Twiggy will lead the celebrations to mark the fifth anniversary of Marks & Spencer's Company Archive in Leeds next month by hosting a special one-off chat show style event.
Twiggy: 50 Years in Fashion will see the style icon talk to visitors about her career and her fashion ethos as she celebrates five years since the opening of the Marks in Time exhibition at the University of Leeds, as well as the fifth anniversary of the launch of her own Twiggy for M&S Woman collection.
The event will take place on Friday, April 7, 2-4pm at The Michael Marks Building on University of Leeds’ Western Campus. It will feature original items from M&S during the swinging ‘60s, as well as giving a preview of Twiggy’s new capsule collection designed for Fashion Targets Breast Cancer 2017, which is set to launch on April 18.
Katharine Carter, M&S company archivist, said: “We are delighted to be celebrating our birthday with Twiggy and it is an exciting opportunity to showcase some of the fashion gems that have made up her collection over the years, while exploring the fascinating history of fashion at M&S.
“Our fifth birthday is a special milestone for us, M&S and the people of Leeds, and we wanted to celebrate with a unique event that we know will excite our visitors and highlight some of the really special moments in the company’s history.
“Twiggy has been at the forefront of fashion for over 50 years, and not only does her official relationship with M&S date back to 2005, but she was also a model for the company as far back as 1967. This long-standing relationship is always a big draw for our visitors and so we hope that the event will be a big attraction for regular visitors, M&S customers and Twiggy enthusiasts alike.”
The Marks in Time has attracted more than 75,000 visitors over the past five years and has been used by 3,000 researchers and more than 12,000 school pupils as a resource and learning tool.
Ms Carter said: “The event is definitely one not to be missed and we look forward to welcoming new and returning visitors.”
Fashion Targets Breast Cancer, the campaign that unites the world of fashion against breast cancer, launches on Tuesday, April 18, 2017. It will run for six weeks, raising money to fund Breast Cancer Now’s vital research.
Fashion Targets Breast Cancer has teamed up with some of the UK’s top High Street retailers, who will each launch exclusive collections carrying a minimum 30 per cent donation to Breast Cancer Now during the six-week campaign. So 30 per cent of each sale from Twiggy’s collection will go straight to Breast Cancer Now.
The theme for Fashion Targets Breast Cancer 2017 is Fashion Strong and Twiggy’s Summer Collection, made up of 30 pieces including four T-shirts with the Fashion Strong logo.
Breast Cancer Now is the UK’s largest breast cancer charity. Since 1996 the campaign has raised more than £14 million for life-savg research. Visit breastcancernow.org
If you want to see Twiggy, registration is essential by visiting https://marksintime.marksandspencer.com/whats-on/Twiggy. Tickets are free but places are limited and strictly on a first come, first served basis and a minimum donation of £1 per ticket will go to Breast Cancer Now. Demand is expected to be high so those interested should register early to avoid disappointment.
WIN TICKETS TO SEE TWIGGY IN LEEDS plus a £50 M&S gift card
To celebrate its fifth birthday, The M&S Company Archive has teamed up with Yorkshire Post Newspapers to give readers the chance to win tickets to meet Twiggy at its one-off event Twiggy: 50 Years in Fashion on Friday, April 7, from 2pm till 4pm, at the Michael Marks Building at the University of Leeds.
One winner will receive a pair of tickets for the event, £50 M&S gift card to spend on Twiggy’s new 30-piece summer collection for Fashion Targets Breast Cancer 2017, along with an exclusive opportunity to delve deep into M&S’s 133-year history with a behind the scenes tour at the M&S Company Archive.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question:
Q: What special birthday milestone are The M&S Company Archive and Twiggy celebrating?
To enter, Simply send your answer by email, named Twiggy, to [email protected] to arrive by noon on the closing date of Friday, March 31.
Alternatively, send on a postcard, to arrive by noon on the closing date of Friday, March 31, to:
Fashion & Beauty Editor
Yorkshire Post & Yorkshire Evening Post
Features Department - Yorkshire Post
No 1 Leeds - 26 Whitehall Road
Leeds LS12 1BE
Stephanie Smith Twitter and Instagram: @yorkshirefashq
Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. The winner will be the first correct answer to be selected at random after the closing date of noon, Friday, March 31, 2017.
2. The winner will receive two tickets for the Twiggy: 50 Years in Fashion event, £50 M&S gift card and a behind the scenes tour at the M&S Company Archive.
3. Winners must be over 18 years of age and residents in the UK. Employees of M&S or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion, are not eligible to win.
4. Prize not transferable, no whole/part cash alternative.
5. The winner must be available on Friday, April 7, between 2pm and 4pm. The winner must organise their own travel to the M&S Company Archive.
6. No photocopies are allowed.
7. M&S will not take responsibility for any lost tickets or gift cards - replacements cannot be issued.
8. The Promoter is M&S Company Archive, University of Leeds, Michael Marks Building, Leeds, LS2 9JT.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this offer or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
10. In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, the conduct, results and any other matters relating to this prize draw, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.