Wakefield Wildcats: Trinity prop Scruton cleared of foul play as Morris exits club

Nick Scruton
Nick Scruton
0
Have your say

IN-FORM PROP Nick Scruton has been cleared of a dangerous contact charge by the RFL’s disciplinary committee.

The match review panel accused Scruton of forcefully applying unnecessary pressure to the head/neck/spinal column of Wigan Warriors’ Tony Clubb in the 17th minute of Wildcats’ 62-0 win last Sunday.

The grade A charge could have led to a one-match ban and coach Chris Chester, who represented Scruton at the hearing, said he was “pleased” with the result.

Meanwhile, outside-back Sean Morris has left Wildcats by “mutual consent” after deciding to take a break from rugby league on medical advice.

Morris joined Wildcats from Kingstone Press Championship side London Broncos in pre-season on a one-year deal, but has been struggling with concussion since suffering a head injury last term. The 26-year-old, who did not play a senior game for Wildcats, said: “Under medical advice I have decided to take a break from the game for the foreseeable future to make a full recovery from my head injury.

“I would like to thank chairman Michael Carter, the club and coaches for their support over the past few months with my recovery and going into the future.

“I will always look back to my time here and wish that I had been able to pull on the shirt, but the boys know that they have got my continued support and I wish everyone at the club the best of luck.”

Wakefield Trinity's Kyle Wood.

Wakefield Trinity delighted as Kyle Wood signs new deal