Farsley Celtic punished for switching off in injury-time

Will Lenehan heads home Knaresborough Town's first goal from a corner. Picture: Craig Dinsdale.
Will Lenehan heads home Knaresborough Town's first goal from a corner. Picture: Craig Dinsdale.
Have your say

Workington scored two injury time goals including a 96th-minute equaliser from Matthew Douglas to snatch a dramatic point at Throstle Nest as they drew 3-3 with Farsley Celtic.

Workington had taken an early lead as Samuel Joel played through Connor Tinnion who slotted home.

The hosts responded immediately with Danny Ellis’ cross being flicked on by Adam Clayton to James Walshaw who headed home to equalise.

Farsley then took the lead after Paul Walker made a terrific run, with his cross falling to Walshaw via a deflection, and he smashed home from close range.

Walshaw secured his hat-trick and thought he’d settled matters with 15 minutes remaining as he intercepted a weak back pass from David Symington and rounded Taylor before slotting home.

Workington were handed a lifeline in the first minute of injury time as Scott Allison volleyed into the top corner.

And in the sixth minute of added time Workington’s Matthew Douglas headed home to equalise, whilst Farsley boss Adam Lakeland was left infuriated. He said: “At no stage was there any communication about time added on.”

In Evo-Stik North, Ossett Town came from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Clitheroe. George West and Bradley Carroll fired Clitheroe into an early two-goal lead before a goal from Alex Peterson and a last-minute strike from Emile Sinclair earned Ossett a point.

Bamber Bridge scored three second-half goals as they fought back to defeat Tadcaster Albion 3-1. Thomas Corner sent Bamber Bridge into the interval a goal up, before a Brad Carsley brace and Regan Linney goal handed Bridge the win.

Brighouse Town suffered another defeat as they lost 2-0 to Trafford as Aaron Burns and Stephen Mason gave Trafford the three points.

Leek Town twice came from behind to draw 2-2 with Frickley Athletic, as Robert Stevenson scored an 88th minute leveller. Timothy Grice also scored for Leek, with Jameel Ible and Jacob Hazel scoring for Frickley.

In National North, Bradford Park Avenue claimed their first victory in eight outings by emphatically defeating fifth-placed Blyth Spartans 4-1.


Second-placed Pontefract Collieries remain a point behind Premier Division leaders Handsworth Parramore with three games in hand after their 6-1 thrashing of Harrogate Railway.

First-half goals from Eli Hey, Jack Greenhough and Kane Reece gave the visitors a storming start and then further goals from Mark Whitehouse, Michael Dunn and Vaughan Redford sealed the victory. Nathan James netted a late goal for Railway.

Pickering Town dropped down to fourth place after a disappointing 3-2 home defeat to AFC Mansfield.

Edward Cass briefly brought Town level at 1-1 on 73 minutes but that was as good as it got for the home side and Ryan Blott’s 90th minute goal was just a consolation.

Hemsworth MW moved up to seventh place following a 5-1 home victory over Liversedge.

Richard Collier (2), Bradley Dockerty, Adam Wilson and Adam Hayton scored Hemsworth’s goals before Jake Thompson netted for Liversedge.

Division One leaders Knaresborough Town suffered their first away defeat of the season as they went down 5-2 at third-placed Eccleshill United.

Goals from William Lenehan and Brad Walker gave Town a 2-0 lead but it was down hill after that. A brace from Harrison Blakey and a goal from Ashley Flynn saw second-placed Yorkshire Amateur beat Rossington Main 3-1 and move to within five points of Knaresborough.

Elsewhere, AFC Emley beat Brigg Town 5-2, Glasshoughton Welfare beat FC Bolsover 2-0, Selby Town lost 3-1 to East Yorkshire Carnegie and Nostell MW lost 5-1 against Winterton Rangers.

Guiseley's Dayle Southwell.

Relegation looms for Guiseley after away defeat