Yorkshire Amateur League: Ealandians suffer second semi-final exit in the space of a week

Farsley Celtic Juniors' Danny Lyons, right.
Farsley Celtic Juniors' Danny Lyons, right.
Have your say

Ealandians crashed out of the Yorkshire Old Boys’ Shield at the hands of Alwoodley, their second cup semi-final defeat in as many weekends.

Alwoodley led 2-0 at the half-time break, with Luke Willis and Graham Shaw both on target. Josh Hans reduced the deficit for Ealandians just after the hour mark before Callum Armstrong sealed the win.

In the final, Alwoodley will face Humber Premier Division North Ferriby Athletic, who overcame Wortley 1-0 in the other semi-final.

In the Premier Division, leaders Farsley Celtic Juniors moved eight points clear after they recorded an emphatic 5-0 win over Stanningley. Danny Lyons scored a hat-trick inside 35 minutes while Louis Surtees scored a goal either side of the half-time break.

Farnley Sports bounced back from consecutive defeats after they won 2-0 win away to struggling Rodillian. Goals from Carl Manning and Barrie Danby gave Farnley three points which moves them up to second.

Basement club Wigton Moor were once again left empty-handed as Grangefield ran out 2-1 winners. Luke Stainforth had given Wigton the lead early in the first half but Grangefield completed the comeback through Andy Kenyon and Chris Cairns.

In the Championship, Beeston Juniors are four points clear after they won 3-1 away to Alwoodley Reserves. Riccardo Picano gave Alwoodley the lead with Dayle Kellit, George Lazaro and Josh Walsh all on target for the visitors.

St Nicholas could’ve closed the gap to two points but were held by Beeston St. Anthony’s as they drew 1-1.

Leeds Medics and Dentists Reserves’ title hopes were hit as they lost 3-2 to struggling Old Batelians. A brace from James Eastwood, along with a goal from Nathan Hallas gave Old Batelians the victory with goals from Alan Salter and Kieran Wardman in vain for the Medics.

Stanningley remain in the bottom two after they were beaten 3-1 at home to Collingham Juniors. The hosts took the lead when goalkeeper Daniel Sanderson got on the scoresheet but late goals from Tom Dean, Jamie Rowlands and Richard Metcalfe gave Collingham the three points to leave them seventh.

In Division One, Drighlington missed the chance to move ahead of Calverley United as the top two played out a 1-1 draw.

Tom Westerman put Calverley in front but Josh Sheldrake scored to make sure the points were shared. Dewsbury Rangers were behind after 10 seconds but are third after they came back to win 2-1 at home to Rothwell Reserves.

Garforth Rangers are fourth following a 1-0 win over second-from-bottom Wheelwright while St Bedes won 3-1 at home to Amaranth.

Meanwhile, seven times Hodgson Cup winners Leeds Medics and Dentists III won the delayed second-round Hodgson Cup-tie against Batelians III 5-0 with Danny Sullivan bagging a brace.