West Yorkshire League: Unbeaten Bardsey ten clear at the top

Match action from Robin Hood v Beeston St Anthony's. PIC: Steve Riding
Match action from Robin Hood v Beeston St Anthony's. PIC: Steve Riding
Have your say

Bardsey continued their undefeated run, extending it to nine games with a 1-0 victory against fourth-placed Field.

Daniel Maw grabbed the only goal of the game in the first half, giving Bardsey the win and putting them ten points clear of their nearest rivals.

There was late drama at Ripon City as Horbury Town secured a late draw.

Ripon City were one goal ahead before half time, but Mark Atkinson’s strike meant things were level at the break. Ripon lead by two going into the last ten minutes, but Lee Geraghty bagged to ensure a nervy finale. With the clock ticking away, Tom Dews smashed a free kick into the back of the net to bring things level and earn Horbury a hard fought point.

Kippax continue to flounder at the bottom of the table, and they fell to a 4-2 loss at home against Otley Town, who rose to fourth as a result.

Richard Jackson scored a brace for Kippax.

But despite the scores being level at half time, Otley ran away with the game in the second half, scoring three more to get the win. Josh Waite and Paul Ashwell were among the scorers for them.

A 4-0 win for Boroughbridge against Whitkirk Wanderers put them into fifth place.

Barry O’Neill gave the home side the lead, with Ross Mardon doubling it before half time. Mardon added another in the second half, and Paul Ealing rounded off the display in the 85th minute to finish a dominant performance.

In the League Cup, Knaresborough Town beat Shelley 4-1 to secure an upset.

Edmore Murau scored a hat-trick and Lancaster added another to render Sam Haigh’s goal a mere consolation.

Old Headingley also progressed with a 4-0 win against Woodhouse Hill (Normanton).

In Division One, Ilkley Town remain in contention for promotion to the Premier Division after a 2-0 win against fellow promotion rivals Carlton Athletic.

Ilkley were reduced to ten men, but managed to secure the win through goals from Daniel Henderson and James Hanna.

Kellingley Welfare did not surprise anyone by falling to a 10-1 defeat away from home to Aberford Albion.

Robert Anderson grabbed the only Welfare goal, which can barely be considered a consolation.

Martin Britton scored a stunning four goals for Aberford. Stephen Phillips and Liam Thompson added a brace each. Single strikes were also scored by Stefan Small and Jamie Taylor to put Aberford into double figures.

Stanley United managed a 4-2 win away from home at Sherburn White Rose, moving into eighth place with the win.

Sherburn goalscorers Aaron Hodgson and Jordan Tattersall could only imagine what might have been as Stephen Bettley scored a brace for Stanley, and Neil Foster and Ashley Munton also added a goal apiece.

Division Two strugglers Barwick recorded a stunning 4-3 win against Ossett Common Rovers that belied the form book.

James Wright bagged two with Joe Phillips and Andrew Madden contributing one each to move Barwick eight points clear of bottom side Great Preston.

Second placed Glasshoughton Welfare managed a 1-0 win against Garforth Rangers after Super Sub Liam Cooper came off the bench for Glasshoughton to score the game’s only goal.

Callum Woodhouse and Adam Deedigan scored for Mount St Mary’s as they moved up to fifth place in the league with a 4-2 win at Hartshead.

Rothwell Town climbed three places in the league with a 1-0 win against Yorkshire Amateur, with Joshua Knaggs scoring the winner.

In the pick of the Alliance Division One action, Field Reserves blew a half time lead to draw 3-3 with Brighouse Old Boys Reserves.

In the Alliance Division Two, Pool Reserves couldn’t complete a comeback against Howden Clough, losing 5-3 despite being five goals down within thirty minutes.

Sunday round-up: Hunslet Club edge out Corpus Christi in penalty shootout