Leeds Sunday League: No Half measures as House ace Allanson hits five-timer

Match action from Halfway House v Harehills WMC. PIC: Steve Riding
Match action from Halfway House v Harehills WMC. PIC: Steve Riding
Have your say

DAVID Allanson notched a nap hand of goals to inspire Halfway House Stanningley to a 6-1 hammering of Harehills FC in Group A of the Barrass Cup.

Allanson’s five-timer plus a Marcus Liburd strike took the Stanningley outfit to the top of Group A with Rob Smith scoring the Harehills consolation.

Halfway’s Sunday then got even better when they learned that group rivals Chapeltown Fforde Grene and Station Whites FC, the top two in the Leeds Sunday League Terry Pears Premier, had shared a Group A 1-1 draw.

Si Doughty and Paul Cuthbertson got the goals for the visiting Whites but Chapeltown earned a draw through Leon Gentles and a Station own goal.

East End Park WMC are two from two in Group B after they overcame Richmond Hill FC 2-1, with Paul Sykes and Terry Tomlinson finding the net.

Ashley Hubbard was the scorer in Richmond’s losing cause

Meanwhile, KKS Zubry are still looking for their first point in the competition after they went down to a 1-0 defeat by Halfway FC, for whom Lee Robinson was the match-winner.

In the President’s Cup, East Leeds Celtic maintained their 100 per cent record with a 5-0 battering of New Farnley FC.

The easy success came thanks to a brace from Gavin Frost, plus goals from Matthew Allen, John Fisher and Dale Venables.

Bramley Villagers have also won their first two fixtures in the group after they emerged victorious from a close-fought tie against Western Juniors FC.

Western’s Chris Evans netted a hat-trick in vain, as Bramley’s Oliver Carter scored two, along with Matthew Lofthouse and Matthew Saint finding the net to secure a 4-3 win.

Badri FC overcame West Leeds Wortley 2-1 in Group B thanks to a brace from Jymel Black.

That left them in a three-way tie for the group’s lead with Seacroft AFC and Corpus Christi, who faced each other in the final fixture of the week.

And it was Seacroft, who have a 100 per cent record in the Championship, who emerged victorious, winning the game 5-2.

Corpus’ Reece Calvert and Ian Bruce found the net, but Seacroft outscored them thanks to goals from Thomas Jackson, Antony Maxam and Rennal Evans, plus a double from Andy Jackson.

Second plays third in the Leeds Sunday League Championship this weekend as Seacroft AFC visit West Leeds Wortley.

In the Wharfedale Triangle League, Cookridge Hall reached the League Cup quarter-final for the first time in their history through a 4-2 success against higher division Bingley.

Tom Winterburn’s hat-trick proved the difference but Andy Kearsley also struck while Joe Hall took the man of the match award for battling throughout until going off injured after 85 minutes.

Premier high-flyers Keighley Town needed extra time before going goal crazy 7-1 at Armley Rangers while Horsforth St Margaret’s romped in 9-3 in all Premier tie at Cullingworth Youth.

Ilkley Dynamo hammered lower division visitors Otley Tavern 9-2 while Shipley Town were awarded a home walkover against Crossflatts Village.

Salts 2nds won an all Division One affair at Menston Athletic 5-2.

In Sunday’s sole Premier Division game played, Keighley Athletic moved fourth with a 6-2 success at home to Menston Town. In the only Division One fixture, Yeadon Athletic moved a clear second by obliging 3-1 at Milford.

Sunday round-up: Hunslet Club edge out Corpus Christi in penalty shootout