Farsley hit back to defeat the leaders

Adam Karan of Wortley gets a helping hand
Adam Karan of Wortley gets a helping hand
Have your say

FARSLEY Celtic Juniors made it 11 games without defeat by completing the double over current Premier Division leaders Huddersfield Amateur by winning 2-1.

Amateur led at the interval through David Wooffenden but Farsley hit back immediately after the re-start through John Mallinson. Luke Kitson’s header then sealed the points for the visitors.

Third-bottom Wigton Moor suffered a 3-1 defeat at home to third-placed Grangefield Old Boys despite taking the lead through Jonny Welsh. Grangefield hit back through Ritchie Banks, Nuno Pereira and Grant Jackson.

Graham Shaw’s hat-trick sealed all three points for Alwoodley as they beat Trinity Old Boys, 4-3. Cori Hendrickson’s strike alongside Shaw’s goals moved Alwoodley two points clear of their rivals who scored through Ian Duggleby and Adam Gillot.

Ealandians drew 1-1 at Leeds Medics and Dentists to leave them fourth. Chris Marsh’s strike gave Ealandians the lead before David Ashmore grabbed a late equaliser for the hosts.

FC Headingley remain bottom after they drew 4-4 at home with Rothwell who are a place above them. Goalscorers for FC Headingley were Matt Raw and Merlyn Andrews, alongside Si Walker’s brace, whilst Rothwell’s strikes came from Mitch Falkingham, Johnny Fletcher, Brad Newton and James Kitson.

In the Yorkshire Old Boys Shield, Batelians thrashed Gildersome Spurs 6-0 in the first round. Stu Otway’s hat-trick alongside strikes from Sam Newman, Richard Spink and Jermaine Moyce sealed the victory.

Stanningley Old Boys were 3-2 winners in their quarter-final tie at Humber outfit Long Riston. Jamie McGeorge, John Darke and Mark Wilson netted for the visitors.

Calverley United remain firmly rooted to the bottom of the Championship after a 3-1 defeat against ninth-placed Thornesians. Ryan Dobson, Curtis Cunningham and Joe bagged the goals for the visitors, with Neil Cooper grabbing United’s consolation goal.

Leeds Medics and Dentists Reserves’ improved form continued after their 3-0 victory over Beeston St Anthony’s. Goals came from Jonny McGahan, Alan Salter and Paddy Knight.

Morley Town went fifth after their 2-1 win over sixth-placed Shire Academics. Marc Haley grabbed a last-gasp winner for the hosts after Jovan Kioseff had netted the equalising goal earlier on in the game.

Rodillian moved second by beating relegation-threatened Modernians Reserves 3-0, following goals from Luke Playford, Charlie Gecsei-Holt and Elliott Walker.

The match between Farnley Sports and Stanningley Old Boys Reserves was called off but Farnley still lead the division by four points.

In a Division One highlight, leaders Colton Athletic were shocked 3-2 at St Bede’s who ended their run of 13 games without a win.

Athletic dropped to second in the table after Tom Ware’s late winner. Karlis Turcins and Nathan Hurtault also netted for the hosts whilst Chris Hick bagged a brace for Athletic. Collingham Old Boys Juniors moved top with a 3-0 victory over struggling Leeds Medics and Dentists 3rds through a Richard Metcalfe brace and Jamie Rowlands strike.