Think your an expert on Leeds United? Test your knowledge with our special 2012 Leeds United quiz
1. How many different players did Leeds United use in first-team matches in 2012?
2. Name the four players who have held the title of club captain in the past 12 months?
3. Who was chosen as the YEP’s player of the year for 2011-12?
4. Who claimed the club’s prize?
5. Which player made the most appearances in 2012, 50 in all?
6. Which six Leeds players received red cards in the past 12 months?
7. Who was United’s most cautioned player?
8. Name the seven men who played for and against United in 2012.
9. How many of the 11 professionals who started the final game of last season were still at Elland Road for the first day of this season?
10. Name the three goalkeepers used by United this year.
11. Simon Grayson was sacked by Leeds on February 1. How many games did his tenure span?
12. Grayson departed Elland Road with his coaching staff of Glynn Snodin and Ian Miller. Which other member of the backroom team left with them?
13. For which club is he now employed as goalkeeping coach?
14. Who did Leeds name as caretaker following Grayson’s exit?
15. In his four games in temporary charge, which two teams did United beat?
16. Neil Warnock was appointed as Leeds manager on February 14. Which other two clubs were interesting in recruiting him?
17. Who did Warnock’s first victory as boss come against?
18. And which club inflicted his first defeat?
19. Mick Jones and Ronnie Jepson joined the backroom staff after Warnock’s arrival. Who became the club’s new fitness coach?
20. When does the contract signed by Warnock run to?
21. Who was Leeds United’s first signing of 2012?
22. Where did he join from?
23. How much did United pay to complete the capture of Danny Pugh from Stoke City?
24. United sold Jonathan Howson to Norwich City midway through January. What was the reported fee?
25. Name the last player signed by Simon Grayson and the first recruited by Neil Warnock.
26. Who was United’s most expensive acquisition in 2012?
27. What was the estimated transfer fee?
28. Name the right-back who Warnock pursued in the summer but controversially lost to Crystal Palace.
29. Which four players joined Leeds from Portsmouth during the close season?
30. Who went in the opposite direction on a short-term loan in August?
31. Where did Leeds finish in the Championship at the end of the 2011-12 season?
32. What was their highest league position in 2012?
33. Who scored United’s first and last league goals of 2012, excluding today’s clash with Hull?
34. What was United’s longest run of Championship wins?
35. What was their longest run of Championship defeats?
36. Reading won the title last season. How many points clear of United were they?
37. Which clubs finished the 2011-12 terms directly above and below Leeds?
38. Who did United’s biggest league victory come against?
39. Prior to this weekend, how many league matches did United win in 2012?
40. And how many did they lose?
41. Arsenal knocked Leeds out of the FA Cup in January. Which charismatic Frenchman scored the only goal?
42. Which club had Arsenal signed him on loan from?
43. What was unusual about the first round of the League Cup this season?
44. United’s run in the League Cup this season took them to the quarter-finals. When did they last reach that stage?
45. Name the four clubs beaten by United in this year’s League Cup.
46. Prior to their last-eight defeat to Chelsea, who was the only opposition player to score against United in the League Cup?
47. Aside from Leeds, which other Championship club made the quarter-finals?
48. United’s involvement ended in a 5-1 defeat to Chelsea at Elland Road. List Chelsea’s goalscorers.
49. Who have United drawn in round three of this season’s FA Cup?
50. What was the score when the sides last met in the competition, back in 2005?
51. Which club scored the most goals against Leeds in 2012?
52. Who struck four times to inflict the defeat which ended Grayson’s reign as manager?
53. United suffered a record 11th home loss on the last day of the 2011-12 Championship term. Which club inflicted it?
54. Whose injury-time finish settled that match?
55. Which four teams lost twice to Leeds during the past 12 months?
56. Name the leading Championship goalscorer in 2012.
57. Aside from Leeds, how many other Championship clubs changed manager in 2012?
58. Which second tier boss was first to leave his job this season?
59. Which manager has that same club subsequently sacked?
60. Name the three Championship sides promoted and the three relegated in 2012.
61. In league fixtures, who did United’s biggest home attendance of 2012 come against?
62. And which game saw their lowest home crowd?
63. Leeds’ current average attendance is 21,398. Is that higher or lower than last season?
64. Which league ground saw United’s biggest away attendance of 2012?
65. How many supporters made that trip?
66. Why was that night particularly memorable?
67. Who brought more fans to Elland Road this season – Shrewsbury Town or Ipswich Town?
68. Which Championship side posted the highest crowd of 2012?
69. Who registered the lowest?
70. According to the latest accounts, how much did Leeds earn from gate receipts in 2011-12?
71. Name the only Leeds player to score two own goals in 2012.
72. Who scored his first – and only – goals for Leeds at Elland Road with a brace against Peterborough in April?
73. Which player scored the last goal of Grayson’s tenure?
74. And who claimed the first of Warnock’s spell as manager?
75. How many league goals did Leeds score in 2012?
76. How many did they concede?
77. Nikola Zigic was one of two attackers who scored four times in clashes with Leeds. Who was the other?
78. Who scored the goal which officially ruled Leeds out of the running for the play-offs during the 2011-12 season?
79. How many times did Luciano Becchio find the net in the calendar year?
80. Davide Somma produced his first goal for 22 months on Boxing Day. At which ground was his previous goal scored?
81. United’s Under-18s finished second in their division at the end of the 2011-12 season. Who beat them to the title?
82. Which former Leeds player became Under-18s coach at the start of this term?
83. Academy product Tom Lees made his England Under-21 debut in September. Who did he play against?
84. Sam Byram, who made his competitive United debut in August, grew up in York. But where was he born?
85. Which club did he claim his first senior goal against, in a pre-season friendly?
86. Who is currently the leading scorer for United’s Under-21s?
87. Which division are the Under-21s playing in this season?
88. Who did the Under-18s recently beat 4-0 in the third round of the FA Youth Cup?
89. Which side will they play in round four next month?
90. Which former Leeds academy player featured against United for Huddersfield Town earlier this month?
91. GFH Capital’s takeover of Leeds was completed on December 21. Name the three representatives of the company who had joined the Elland Road board.
92. How much are GFH Capital rumoured to have paid for the club?
93. Ken Bates’ majority shareholding was bought in 2011 through an off-shore firm. What was that firm called?
94. How many days elapsed between Leeds announcing that takeover talks were underway and GFH Capital completing its deal?
95. What was the name of the American businessman strongly linked with a rival bid?
96. GFH Capital plans to repurchase Elland Road. When does the buy-back agreement on the stadium expire?
97. GFH Capital is a Dubai-based company. Where does its parent company, Gulf Finance House, reside?
98. New director David Haigh was born to a Leeds family but where did he grow up?
99. United are a club who have posted a profit five years running. How much money did they make in 2011-12?
100. GFH Capital has acquired a 100 per cent stake in United’s holding company, Leeds City Holdings Limited (LCH). How much money did LCH lose in the last financial year?
PLAYERS: 1. 56; 2. Jonathan Howson, Andy Lonergan, Robert Snodgrass and Lee Peltier; 3. Ross McCormack; 4. Robert Snodgrass; 5. Luciano Becchio; 6. Luke Varney, Jason Pearce, Zac Thompson, Michael Brown, Paul Connolly and Darren O’Dea; 7. Michael Brown; 8. Paul Robinson, Alex Bruce, Adam Smith, Adam Clayton, Jason Pearce, David Norris, Paul Green; 9. Seven; 10. Andy Lonergan, Paddy Kenny and Jamie Ashdown.
MANAGEMENT: 11. 169; 12. Andy Beasley; 13. Brighton; 14. Neil Redfearn; 15. Bristol City and Doncaster Rovers; 16. Wolves and Huddersfield Town; 17. Middlesbrough; 18. Southampton; 19. Chris Short; 20. June 2013.
TRANSFERS: 21. Andros Townsend; 22. Tottenham Hotspur; 23. £500,000; 24. £2million; 25. Adam Smith and Danny Webber; 26. Lee Peltier; 27. £800,000; 28. Joel Ward; 29. Jason Pearce, David Norris, Luke Varney and Jamie Ashdown; 30. Paul Connolly.
CHAMPIONSHIP: 31. 14th; 32. Eighth; 33. Jay Rodriguez (og) and Davide Somma; 34. Three, in November and December; 35. Three, in March and April and November; 36. 28; 37. Burnley and Ipswich Town; 38. Peterborough United; 39. 17; 40. 19.
CUPS: 41. Thierry Henry; 42. New York Red Bulls; 43. The first round was played before the opening Championship fixture; 44. 1996; 45. Shrewsbury Town, Oxford United, Everton and Southampton; 46. Sylvain Distin; 47. Middlesbrough; 48. Juan Mata, Branislav Ivanovic, Victor Moses, Eden Hazard, Fernando Torres; 49. Birmingham City; 50. 3-0 to Birmingham
OPPOSITION: 51. Nottingham Forest; 52. Nikola Zigic; 53. Leicester City; 54. Harry Panayiotou; 55. Ipswich Town, Bristol City, Middlesbrough and Peterborough United; 56. Charlie Austin; 57. 10; 58. Steve Kean at Blackburn Rovers; 59. Henning Berg; 60. Reading, Southampton and West Ham United were promoted. Portsmouth, Coventry City and Doncaster Rovers were relegated.
ATTENDANCES: 61. West Ham United; 62. United’s 1-1 draw with Charlton Athletic on October 23; 63. Lower; 64. Hillsborough; 65. 5,300; 66. For the attack by a Leeds fan on Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Chris Kirkland; 67. Shrewsbury Town; 68. West Ham; 69. Peterborough United; 70. £11.3million
GOALS: 71. Rodolph Austin; 72. Billy Paynter; 73. Ross McCormack; 74. Robert Snodgrass; 75. 65; 76. 73; 77. Garath McCleary; 78. Blackpool’s Angel; 79. 25; 80. Fratton Park.
ACADEMY: 81. Newcastle United; 82. Richard Naylor; 83. Norway; 84. Thurrock in Essex; 85. Preston North End; 86. Ryan Hall; 87. Development League Two (North); 88. Watford; 89. Burton Albion; 90. Danny Ward
TAKEOVER: 91. David Haigh, Salem Patel and Hisham Alrayes; 92. £52million; 93. Outro Limited; 94. 206; 95. Preston Haskell
96. 2029; 97. Bahrain; 98. Cornwall; 99. £317,000; 100. £536,000.