Leeds United Under-23s recap: Gaetano Berardi makes comeback at Crystal Palace
Leeds United Under-23s travel to face Crystal Palace in Premier League 2 this afternoon - follow every kick live with our matchday blog.
The Whites will welcome back Gaetano Berardi for the first time to match action this afternoon as he features in the capital.
Mark Jackson's side are hoping to make in 10 wins in a row in PL2 Division 2 after opening up a 10-point gap at the top of the table.
Follow every kick live with the Yorkshire Evening Post below...
Crystal Palace v Leeds United - Under-23s LIVE
Last updated: Monday, 01 March, 2021, 13:11
Welcome to today’s LIVE Under-23s matchday blog... we’ll have all the latest right here so stay tuned.
How the table looks
CRYSTAL PALACE TEAM NEWS
LEEDS UNITED TEAM NEWS
Leeds United XI: Caprile, Huggins, Davis, Casey, Berardi, Drameh, Summerville, Jenkins, Gelhardt, McKinstry, McCarron.
Subs: Van Den Heuvel, Kenneh, Cresswell, Poveda, Kamwa.
The headline news amongst a strong Under-23s line-up for Leeds this afternoon is the return of Gaetano Berardi.
It will be his first competitive action for the Whites since suffering a torn ACL last July following promotion to the Premier League.
Ian Poveda is also fit enough for the bench, as he makes a comeback from an ankle injury.
This afternoon’s encounter kicks off at 1pm - we’ll have live updates right here throughout.
Team news in full if you missed it
1. The teams are out and we are underway in the capital! Updates to follow.
2. Early action for Carpile as Palace push Leeds back. Drameh defends well to win a goal kick.
3. Just inside the Palace half. Berardi and Davis have been strong in the air early on, the former had a drive out of defence but his pass was a little too hard.
5. United seeing plenty of the ball in the opening exchanges. Knocking it around from left to right around the back. Plenty of time on the ball for Berra.
6. Gelhardt wins the ball and spins inside the Palace half. He’s dragged down. Chance to swing this into the box...
6. Gelhardt drills the free-kick into the box... Palace miscue and it’s behind for a corner.
8. Palace clear the corner. Davis is on the floor with what looks like a head injury so play is stopped. Not sure what happened there. No foul play, according to the referee. Looks like he’ll be fine to carry on.
Palace struggling with the press
9. Some good high pressure from Leeds forces Palace to hoof a clearance out of play. Summerville, McCarron and Gelhardt with the press.