Five fire engines were called to a Leeds high-rise flat tonight to rescue an elderly man from a fire.
Fire crews from Moortown, Hunslet, Killingbeck, Bradford and Leeds rushed to the scene.
West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service atttended the fire in Oatland Court, Sheepscar, Leeds at 8.05pm.
They rescued an elderly man from the flat.
A spokesman for the force said: "High-rise incident involving flat/kitchen fire, 1 Elderly male rescued from flat by FRS personnel, 2 Breathing apparatus used, PPV also used. Incident attended by appliances from Moortown, Hunslet, Killingbeck, Bradford and Leeds"
UPDATE: The fire service said the man was treated for smoke inhalation on the scene.
The source of the fire was an overheated pan on the hob, a spokesman said.
The man is not thought to be seriously injured.