WHAT AN idiotic idea to bring back trams or trolleybuses. I can remember the trolleybuses and trams. My father was a driver on the buses.
The reasons I object to them are:
1) The cost;
2) The disruption;
3) They are restricted to a particular route by rail or lines;
4) If there is a blockage in its route it can’t get round;
5) Restricted to one company, should not be restricted monopoly;
6) Why on certain particular routes?
7) The vehicle cannot change route to benefit changing circumstance. ie a new education facility, shopping area or businesses;
8) Why does it not go to the airport etc?
9) Single decks used to have double decks;
10) What is wrong with hybrid buses with a choice of fuels (diesel and reclaimed oils) and choice of routes, no descriptions and less cost?
They should spend the money on improving road services, etc.
I Stubbs, Leeds 10