Woman rescued from house fire in Leeds

Harold Terrace in Hyde Park. Picture: Google.
Harold Terrace in Hyde Park. Picture: Google.

A woman was rescued from a kitchen fire at a house in Leeds in the early hours of today.

Fire crews were called to the terraced property on Harold Terrace in Hyde Park shortly after 2.30am.

The woman was asleep in the lounge of the smoke-filled house and was carried to safety by firefighters. A dog was also rescued.

Smoke detectors were fitted and working in the property, with the alarm being raised by a neighbour.

The cause of the fire was a chip pan being left on a hob.

Crews from Leeds and Hunslet fire stations attended.