Video - Family's £400,000 home wrecked by fire caused by faulty SOLAR panels

Anthony and Angela McIntyre spent £8,400 having the 20 panels installed on their roof three years ago.

By The Newsroom
Monday, 11th January 2016, 1:53 pm
Updated Monday, 11th January 2016, 1:59 pm

But a faulty inverter in the loft triggered a fire which gutted most of the four-bedroom detached house. The blaze started as the couple’s younger daughter Chloe, 15, was lying in bed asleep and Anthony dashed inside the house to wake her and get her out. They then watched from their garden as the flames took hold and left the house in Thornbury, Glos. a smouldering wreck.

Sign up to our daily newsletter