Elderly woman rushed to hospital after house fire at her Shipley home

An elderly woman was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a burnt out pan filled her Shipley house with smoke.

Monday, 7th January 2019, 8:04 am
Updated Wednesday, 9th January 2019, 12:20 pm
Helen Street at Saltaire where a woman suffered smoke inhalation.

A spokesperson said the pan had been left unattended on a cooker and had burnt dry, filling the house with smoke.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

An ambulance was called to take her to hospital while fire crews from Bingley and Shipley used a high powered fan to clear the house, on Helen Street, Saltaire, of smoke.

The incident happened just before 6.15pm last night (Sunday).