Man taken to hospital after fire breaks out at flat in Leeds

A man was taken to hospital after a flat fire in Leeds in the early hours of today.

Saturday, 16th February 2019, 8:47 am
Updated Saturday, 16th February 2019, 8:52 am
Green Hill Road in Armley, at its junction with Cockshott Lane. Picture: Google.

The incident happened on Green Hill Road in Armley, with firefighters being called shortly after 12.20am.

Two men, one aged around 60 and the other around 40, were suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

One of the men was given a precautionary check-up at the scene while the other went to hospital by ambulance.

The fire affected the living room of the property, which was fitted with working smoke detectors.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Crews from Stanningley and Leeds fire stations attended the incident.