Live at Leeds is back next weekend. Dan O’Dell from local label Hide and Seek Records shares his top 5 must-see gigs.
1) MAN & THE ECHO: I had to listen to everything I could find by them after falling in love with their wry wit and off-beat guitar pop.
2) JOHN JOSEPH BRILL: It annoys me that I’ve still not managed to catch this guy live. Think The National meets Bon Iver in his Big Sur cabin phase.
3) FATHERSON: Scottish band Fatherson is the latest group from north of the border to pique my interest with their grandiose melodic rock.
4) FUTURE OF THE LEFT: The intense Cardiff three-piece have a new album on the way and will be a must-see. Expect sweaty, raging rock.
5) LOS CAMPESINOS: This band are no strangers to Leeds and every time they visit they can guarantee a vast devoted crowd – including me.