The National Coal Mining Museum in Overton is staging a new exhibition about the importance of safety lamps to those working underground.
A Light in the Darkness explores 200 years of the flame lamp’s history and opens on October 19.
The Davy and Stephenson lamps were invented in 1815 and were the first step to providing safe working conditions for miners, later evolving to become the modern deputy lamp.
Previously, workers had used naked flames, which left them vulnerable to methane gas explosions.
The exhibition includes a range of objects from the museum’s own collection and families can take part in a lamp-themed game.
It runs until January 24 and is open daily from 10am-5pm.