Shocking photo shows addicts passed out on a Leeds shopping street

editorial image
Have your say

This shocking photo shows two addicts passed out in a stupor in the middle of a shopping street.

The two men were photographed on Armley Town Street on Tuesday afternoon by local resident David Mullan, following what appeared to be a drink or drugs binge.

"I'm disgusted - it's never been as bad as this and I've lived in Armley my whole life," said David, who thinks the pair could have taken the synthetic cannabis substitute Spice, which causes users to fall into a 'zombie'-like state.

The street is a popular shopping area with high pedestrian footfall.

Business owners in Armley have previously spoken out about anti-social behaviour by street drinkers who intimidate customers.