School to re-open today after blaze destroyed toilet block

0
Have your say

A school hit by fire on Monday night will re-open this morning.

Newton Hill Community School on Leeds Road was forced to shut yesterday after a blaze broke out in a toilet block on Monday tea time.

It was thought that it was caused by an electrical fault and the block was badly damaged, although nobody was hurt.

A message left on the school’s website says it will re-open again today for reception classes up to year six, but nursery classes will not be back in until tomorrow, Thursday, October 4.